Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou hails Rangers' swift action against fans who racially abused Kyogo: 'Did the right thing'
Ange Postecoglou has applauded Rangers for their swift action in banning their supporters who were seen using a racist chant against Kyogo Furuhashi. The Ibrox outfit slapped the punters with indefinite bans from matches and banned the supporters' club to which they belong from receivi...
Ange Postecoglou has applauded Rangers for their swift action in banning their supporters who were seen using a racist chant against Kyogo Furuhashi.
The Ibrox outfit slapped the punters with indefinite bans from matches and banned the supporters' club to which they belong from receiving tickets for future fixtures.
Gers have been credited for their quick identification of the fans and their decision to issue the bans and Celtic boss Postecoglou is the latest to hail his side's rivals.
The Australian told how Gers "did the right thing", saying: "I don't think Rangers acted because they wanted to impress anyone. I'd like to think it's because people see right and wrong. This doesn't need endless debate, it's wrong. They did the right thing dealing with it."
Postecoglou says @RangersFC 'did the right thing' with the swift banning of those who abused Kyogo . "When the consequences come that quickly & without too much debate.. people start to realise a line's been drawn and they shouldn't conduct themselves in this way any more"— @Kheredine (@Kheredine2018) August 25, 2021
A video of the supporters released on social media appeared to show a man on a Rangers supporters bus mocking Furuhashi.
We told yesterday how treasurer of the Westwood Rangers Supporters Club East Kilbride, David Cook, issued a statement condemning the members involved.
He said: "Even though I didn’t travel to Dingwall last Sunday as the senior committee member, I thought I had to make a statement about the unsavoury video that was filmed on our supporters bus and put on social media.
"What was on that video is totally unacceptable and everyone that was involved have been handed lifetime bans and will not be allowed to travel on the bus again. Our club was founded in 1966 and I personally have been involved with it for over 4 years and have always prided ourselves for being a family club and have a large membership of all ages and I can assure you that the views and actions of the lads in the video are not those of myself or the members of WRSC.
"We have accepted the decision R.F.C and will work with them going forward and reiterate to everyone there is no place for this behaviour not just in football but in society as a whole."
Rangers' statement the day previously said: "Rangers can confirm that an investigation is now complete in regard to a video circulating on social media yesterday.
"The individuals involved have been identified and will be banned indefinitely from all Rangers games.
"Furthermore, the RSC of which they were members and travelled with to the game, have been banned from receiving tickets for future fixtures."